Sunday, February 26, 2012

Realizations:

  1. I am the luckiest girl on the planet. Even though this has been a busy week, I have loved every minute of it. The cast and crew are the nicest people I've ever worked with. They made me feel so at home, like I'm already part of the family. Even during the times in rehearsals where I was embarrassed or frustrated that I couldn't give them what they wanted exactly, I still felt completely supported. And they have faith in me. It's been a while since I've felt this.
  2. I won't have as much time as I thought to do things (like blogging and golfing), but I'll try to keep up the best I can. I promise.
  3. I'm already going to miss the cast. They leave Chicago after today's performance, and I'll be left behind for a month. I hope that it goes by quickly. I'm just finally getting to know everyone's names. Hoping that I don't forget what I've already learned. Facebook will help though. They're all there.
  4. I know I've always questioned about whether or not this is what I want to do with my life. I know it now. I could do this for the rest of my life and be completely happy. It's the whole having a day job (3 of them) PLUS trying to sing that kills me. But this? Just singing and actually making a living that's decent? I want this more than anything.
  5. I've been completely overwhelmed over the past few weeks. I had no idea what to expect. Joining a tour like this is a very quick process. You get thrown in and just have to keep your head above water. Once rehearsals started though, all those fears and doubts disappeared. You'd think I'd be more overwhelmed since I have so much to learn and bad habits to fix, but this is a job I know how to do. It's what I've done my entire life. This is what I've trained for, what comes as second nature to me. Throw whatever you want at me, I'm good to go.
  6. I'm going to need to take some time to figure out what to pack. Everyone's already given me lots of pointers, but I really, really need to learn how to live with less clothing options. A lot less.
  7. I'm happy. Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment