Saturday, March 17, 2012

More good news!

How is my life even real?

I've been asked to write a poem for the annual April Fool's Day shindig for Another Chicago Magazine. I got to do this last year and am so happy that they asked me again.

For those that don't know, ACM is one of the biggest and most reputable literary magazines in Chicago. They published my poem "Copulation and BBQ" in their most current issue. (Again. How is this even possible? Me. Published.)

Insane and amazing how life works. I get flown to NY earlier than expected for rehearsals which has made it possible for me to be part of the ACM reading. Hooray life!

On a much more bittersweet note - today was my last day at day job #1. I'm more sad than anyone realizes. I've been trying to keep most of these feelings at bay, but it's hard. I've left behind people that I truly grew to love, though none of them know it. My life has been exquisitely changed because of them, and I wish I had the words to convey how much of an impact they made on me. I will be forever grateful.

The sun goes down.
The stars come out.
And all that counts
is here and now.
My universe
will never be the same.
I'm glad you came.
I'm glad you came.

No comments:

Post a Comment