Sunday, November 4, 2012

How Time Flies

Hello Friends,

I can't believe that it's been two months since I left Chicago for NYC. I have much to update you all on, but not a lot of time so this will be pretty short. While it's been the hardest two months of my life (Week two, I broke my toe. Week five, bedbugs. Week eight, hurricane.), I'm still glad that I'm here. I've done more auditioning in two months here than in the last four years in Chicago. It's pretty insane. Still haven't booked anything, but I'm keeping my hopes up.

I also got to fly home to Florida for an audition. I hadn't been back to Vero in over eight years. Had such a nice little party over on the beach and caught up with everyone (many thanks to Steph who put it together and to everyone who came out to say hello.) It was an intense weekend, but totally worth it.

I am missing Chicago more than anyone could ever know. That's all I can say for now - it's a post in itself.

As far as the hurricane, I was extremely lucky. Astoria was barely touched. A few trees, a little power loss here and there, but barely a scratch compared to the rest of the city. I tried to get down to Manhattan at one point to volunteer and never made it. Gave up after spending two and a half hours just trying to get into the city. The next day I found a group here in Astoria that had a HUGE effort going for the Rockaways (which is one of the heaviest hit areas). I walked door to door, collecting donations. We raised over $3,000 that afternoon. I'm still in shock. If it's one thing that New Yorkers know how to do, it's to stick together and help their fellow neighbors. My heart desperately needed that lift.

This week, I'm auditioning more, getting out to vote, and moving again! I'll be living up in The Heights for a few months while I make the final decision of whether I stay here in NY or return to Chicago. As much as I love you all, please don't try to sway me one way or another. It's a difficult decision for me. One that I cannot take lightly.

And with that, I bid you all adieu. Much to do. Miles to keep trodding. Lots of music to learn.

Love,
Yv-

No comments:

Post a Comment