Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Moving Back, Moving Forward

Reality is beginning to set in. This tour will be over in three short weeks. They will be a blur, I'm sure of it. So what happens after? As of right now, I have no clue.

I don't have a home to go back to in New York. I've emailed with my previous sublet and I'll be able to return there, but not until the middle of June. So I'm on the hunt again for a place to live. There are a few options already floating around so I'm excited about that, but I hate that I'll be jumping from place to place, month after month. But honestly, after living out of suitcases for over two years now, this is nothing new to me. And finding a sublet in New York isn't all that hard to be honest. In my industry, there are people coming and going constantly so there is always a supply of apartments that need to be rented out for the short term. The only thing that worries me is cost.

I've saved up a little on this tour, but not enough to get me in the worry-free zone.So I'll also have to be on the lookout for a job. I've emailed my last office (which was like family to me.) I'm hoping they'll have a little work for me, but that's never a sure thing. I've thought about trying to get administrative work - maybe on a cruise ship or another tour - but I also know that there's a good chance that I'll have singing work in June/July so everything is kind of in the air right now. And that's when I am most nervous. I like having plans. I like having stability.

I've thought about going home for a bit, just so I could relax, be with my friends/family and save a little money that way, but that also means I'd be missing out on auditions - which I simply can't do at this point in my career.

So back to square one in New York City.
Find an apartment.
Find a job (for now).
Try not to be afraid.


2 comments: