Thursday, April 10, 2014

And just like that, it's over.



After every show/tour is over, there is usually a time of sadness. The little family you've spent every minute of your life with the past three months has now dissipated. Everyone has gone their own ways. Some to other shows. Some to other cities to resume a normal life. Some are even in the same city as you, but there is no time to see anyone. To be honest though, I am more than happy to leave a few behind.

The sadness hasn't quite sunk into me yet. Maybe it won't this time. I've set myself up for the softest landing that I could. I'm currently living with my favorite person from the tour. I've got another contract coming up in July. I'm surrounding myself with (non musical theater) people who inspire me both musically and mentally/emotionally. I am getting organized. I am continuing the work I began before (and during) tour to make myself a happier and healthier person. I am walking. I am doing yoga. I am writing.

But at the back of my mind is the daily grind. Which audition do I need to try to get into today? What new music do I need to learn? Who can I contact that might get my foot in the door somewhere? If there is one thing that I learned while I was out on the road this time, it's that connection is everything.

I connected with old friends who reminded me of my self-worth.
I connected with directors who saw something in me that was worth working with.
I connected with new friends who have helped me grow both as a person and as a professional.

And I am so thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment