Saturday, April 12, 2014

Dating With Yv...

It's almost 2 in the morning and I can't sleep. I spent the evening emailing back and forth with a few men on a dating website tonight. My frustration level is pretty much at a ten right now.

Guy A: Seems pretty cool. Lives in NYC (different borough), but has major anxiety issues with traveling.
Guy B: Is everything that I could ever want. Is interested in me. Live about half an hour away in NJ and simply won't even start with me because he has issues with getting to the city.
Guy C: Can barely write a grammatically correct sentence in English. But is sweet.

Dating in New York pretty much sucks.
Dating in New York when all you do is travel for your job? Ten times worse.

I feel as though I'm going to end up on Broadway and alone.
I guess things could be worse, right?

Right.

Whatever happened to men going above and beyond to find the right girl? If you want to find someone amazing (like me) to share your life with, it takes effort, dammit. Has the internet made us so lazy? But can I blame them? Who wants to date someone who isn't around for more than half the year (or whole year)?

Just because I understand doesn't make it any easier.

2 comments:

  1. "Who wants to date someone who isn't around for more than half the year (or whole year)?"

    This is super negative Yv. Instead of asking this question, why not ask "who wouldn't want to date someone who isn't around for more than half the year (or whole year)?"

    You are worthy of a man who wants to spend time with you.

    Also--the whole internet dating thing creates lazy daters. People can still meet organically. A friend told me that men on internet dating sites are in the lower 10 percent of datable men. You deserve more than that. You know you do.

    The right man is out there. You just have to have unwavering faith that he is. ^^ Love you!

    ReplyDelete